Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Butt Bones Are Sore

So after a loooong time of not riding, my brother asked me to get his horse in shape for him, as he's soon going on a camping trip into the mountains with the horse.  So I saddled up the first day and we set off.  I rode his horse for a good two hours, trying my best to get a handle on the rhythm of the horse's trot so I wouldn't be bouncing all over the place.

I've ridden his horse every day for the last week, and OMG my butt bones* hurt so bad I can barely sit.  Lucky for me this was only a one week gig, because my brother is taking his horse back up with him, and is going to ride the horse himself.

However, despite the enormous amount of uncomfortableness caused by riding two hours a day on a bouncy horse (I decided it wasn't my fault), I think I'd like to continue riding, as it's always been something I have loved to do.  Maybe I'll get one of my own lazy horses out of the pasture and ride them.

What I should really do is ride my mare and lead my colt along behind to get her halter broke.  Pictures of my colt to come later.

*Yes, I know "butt bones" isn't entirely anatomically correct nomenclature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...